MORE! BIGGER! BETTER!
More millionaires. Bigger starting jackpots. Better odds of winning.
Powerball jackpots start at $40 million and grow until someone wins! Tickets cost $2 per play for each drawing. For an additional $1 per play, you can increase your prizes, except for the jackpot, and win up to $2 million with POWER PLAY!
Drawings are held each Wednesday and Saturday night. You can watch the Powerball drawings LIVE as they happen at powerball.com. Just click on "Watch the Drawing". There are nine ways to win. If you win the jackpot, you can take it in 30 graduated annual installments (paid over 29 years) or in a single lump sum cash payment. p>
How to Play
Use a play slip, available from your local lottery retailer, to pick five white ball numbers from 1 to 59 and your red Powerball - a number from 1 to 35; or
- Ask your retailer for a Powerball quick pick.
- You can buy tickets up to 9:00 p.m. (CT) / 8:00 p.m. (MT) on the nights of the drawings.
- You can play up to nine consecutive draws in advance. Just ask your retailer.
Increase Your Prize with POWER PLAY!
You can increase your prize, except for the jackpot, and win up to $2 million by adding POWER PLAY to your Powerball purchase. All Power Play prizes
are fixed amounts.
If you win the game's second prize by matching all five white balls, but not the red Powerball, and you have the POWER PLAY option on your ticket, you win $2 million!
How to Play POWER PLAY
- Fill in the POWER PLAY box on the Powerball play slip; or
- Ask your retailer for a Powerball POWER PLAY quick pick.
- Power Play costs an additional $1 for each Powerball play. If you buy a $2 Powerball ticket and add Power Play, your cost is $3.
How to Win
You win by matching some or all of your numbers! The table below indicates odds and prize amounts effective January 15, 2012 with the new enhanced Powerball game.
||with Power Play
|5 of 5 + Powerball
||Power Play does not apply to the jackpot.
|5 of 5
|4 of 5 + Powerball
|4 of 5
|3 of 5 + Powerball
|3 of 5
|2 of 5 + Powerball
|1 of 5 + Powerball
|Overall odds of winning any prize are 1:31.8
* Subject to Powerball rules, all of the prize amounts may vary and become pari-mutuel with each drawing as a result of
the amount of dollars played and number of winning tickets at each level. The jackpot prize will be divided equally among